Sunday 5 May 2013

New Work 2013

I've recently moved house and have managed to set up a wee studio space to work in. I've been working on a couple of different projects. Firstly, I am currently collaborating with an artist I shared a space with at uni, Victoria Moore, check out her work here: http://vickimooreart.blogspot.co.uk/ 
We are working towards a group show later in the year and are currently focused on the landscape where we live and other places we find interesting. 

Here are a few photographs from our first shoot...





I also have some screen prints from these images which I will upload later. The next image is a painting I have been working on to see if the medium will lend well to the subject of landscape/skyscape. 


"The project seeks to express the artists’ perception of the environment that surrounds them. Ethereal scenes harmonize with manmade structures, spiritualising the landscape. The concept of the work in its purest form comes from a common interest in light and shadow and its effects on the land."

No comments:

Post a Comment